Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shookone

Solid State Member
Hello I have a Dell Inspirion 6000, I replaced the screen and now the screen dosent work the old one still works. The specs for the new screen are * Screen Size: 15.4" Wide-Screen

* Resolution: WXGA (1280x800)

* Backlight Type: CCFL 1-Bulb

* Type: Glossy

* Backlight Connector: 2 pin

* Video Signal Connector: 30 pin

The only info i can get off my old screen is 15.4 1280X800, were do i find the backlight type?

Odds are you didn't get the cable plugged in good. Had it happen to me. Also, if you tried to "upgrade" your panel it may not work as they are not made exactly the same

does the old screen work on the laptop? that part confused me a bit.

Same. Did the old screen work fine before, and still does, or did it not work before and does now, or does the old screen work but there's a minor defect (such as a stuck or dead pixel)...?

As for the new screen, have you tried removing it and re-installing it again, making sure that everything is plugged in properly?

The backlight type for you old screen is CCFL, since Dell Inspiron 6000 laptops were only made with CCFL backlit displays.

the old screen had a crack in it but still work fine. Just annoying. Now today when i cut i on i can barely see the bios screen and the login, the light has to hit it just right. I am assuming its the back light now, but i dont know where to find the info on the old screens back light. Could i switch the backlight from the old to the new or switch the interior screen?

the old screen had a crack in it but still work fine. Just annoying. Now today when i cut i on i can barely see the bios screen and the login, the light has to hit it just right. I am assuming its the back light now, but i dont know where to find the info on the old screens back light. Could i switch the backlight from the old to the new or switch the interior screen?

In theory, yes. However, the best thing to do in my opinion is to get a refund/exchange from wherever you purchased the new screen from, since it is defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom