Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

isuckatthis

Solid State Member
So i got home from school and my laptop greets me with a message looping:

For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.13 (020326)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exciting PXE ROM'

I searched other forums for answers but nothing helped, I noticed that most the computers this happened to were in fact laptops. I tried this in trouble shoot section but that wasnt any use so since majority of the cases were laptops i decided to post it here.

I tried going into safe mode, no success.
I tried switching the boot order like Hard Drive, Network Adapter,ATAPI CD-ROM Drive, Floppy Diskette Drive( i don't even have a floppy slot), but no success.
I even dusted out my computer tightening everything and nothing.

I then tried to use my computer disks to boot my computer, but when i tried it says "NO HARD DRIVE FOUND, PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE" basically calling me a faggot. Now Im not great with this stuff but I'm not terrible either so im not sure if what i said made to much sense. I looked through a bunch of forums about this but non really helped me. I think that i may have fried my hard drive cause i leave my laptop on a ALOT but usually it turnes screen off and all that good stuff. My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv5000. I would appreciate it if i could get some help, my warranty expired like 2 months ago and i would rather see if i could get help before getting fire dog, or geek squad on this ( so **** expensive). thanks for the help.

seems your hd is corrupted
have recovery disks? Make boot 1 your cd with the reco in place...see if it can see the hd that way

seems your hd is corrupted
have recovery disks? Make boot 1 your cd with the reco in place...see if it can see the hd that way

Make boot 1 your cd with the reco in place whats that mean? if your refering to like the hp recovery disks they dont work

make...the....first...boot....device....lol
etc, make the first boot devide your cd drive...
common sense would then suggest that the above works if you have a disc in the cd drive when you exit bios and reboot...

why does the hp reco not work? THEY don't work or it's just not working for you at the moment?

make...the....first...boot....device....lol
etc, make the first boot devide your cd drive...
common sense would then suggest that the above works if you have a disc in the cd drive when you exit bios and reboot...

why does the hp reco not work? THEY don't work or it's just not working for you at the moment?

I tried it, it still said "no hard drive found"

and im pretty sure the reco disks work

If you want to boot from a the DVD-Drive, you must change the boot priority in the BIOS. The default setting is almost always the hard drive from the manufacturer.

You can also run Knoppix Knopper.Net Consulting (live Linux CD/DVD)

If you want to boot from a the DVD-Drive, you must change the boot priority in the BIOS. The default setting is almost always the hard drive from the manufacturer.

You can also run Knoppix Knopper.Net Consulting (live Linux CD/DVD)

that sites in german lol, and my hd isn't to old i think from 2005, and i never really payed attention to what it sounds like

Whats the point in the poll? and it sounds like a dead hard drive to me and have you managed to get into the recovery console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom