HDMI problem on laptop

odie072

Baseband Member
I have an Acer Aspire 7551-7422 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 graphics. Never had any problems with the laptop. Trying to plug into tv via HDMI, tried two different tvs, both newer flat screens, and used two different HDMI cables. Both cables and tv HDMI inputs work with blu-ray player. The laptop will not auto detect the tv in the control panel display settings, nor the AMD vision engine control.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong or any suggestions?? I have updated drivers using both the AMD and Acer websites using autodetect and tried rolling back driver to no avail. I have tried restarting laptop with the HDMI cable plugged into both, still nothing on tv(no signal) nor laptop.

I have never used the HDMI before and under the device manager, the graphics card is being detected and working properly.

Thanks
odie

Tried it, still doesn't work. Had a friend bring over their laptop and theirs works with both tv's and both cables.

Any ideas??

Tried it, still doesn't work. Had a friend bring over their laptop and theirs works with both tv's and both cables.

Any ideas??
Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of HDMI ports on laptops going bad. This may be the case, unfortunately. If your laptop doesn't recognize ANY device being plugged into the HDMI port, then my guess would be the HDMI port itself.

You can check if you have BIOS options that control GPU settings, but I doubt it.

You could try to use the graphic card's software and see if that one has some setting that prevent the hdmi from working and if that sw can detect your tv...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom