HDD regenerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Well recently i found out my laptop has a bad sector and i decided to try HDD regenerator. It found a good deal of bad sectors, but what i realized after a while that the computer HD was starting to get really hot; when it wasn't even half way done scanning and by really hot i mean i couldn't exactly keep my hand on it too long.

Should i just let it keep scanning? Or i guess i should just get a new HDD?

It's jut better to get a new hard drive. Like I remember back in the day where people where telling me just to low level format the drive. It will remove the back sectors for a little while, but they come back again.

Hard drives are cheap enough these days.

Agreed, and I'd advise doing it sooner rather than later. Once a HDD starts failing it'll usually end with a cascade of errors and failures, which means your data = gone (or at least much harder to recover).

I bought a 500Gb drive for $66AU the other day, HDD's really do cost peanuts these days.

You definitely need a new hard drive before everything else in your laptop is damaged. HDs are not that expensive anymore unlike before that you need to really save money for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom