Have to spend $1500 for laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
My friend's gf has some college thing that is giving her $1500 for a laptop. But she already bought one herself a while ago, so my friend gets a laptop. Some things he wants:

- Big screen
- Blu-Ray (a must)
- Be able to play CS 1.6

The laptop will be used just for regular day-to-day stuff. Nothing graphic or photography extensive programs will be used on the laptop. Graphically CS 1.6 is a joke, so a top-end graphics card isn't needed (but if it comes with the laptop then w/e).

Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G73JW-XN1 NoteBook Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz) 17.3" 8GB Memory 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M . This is what he was looking at it.

I can't tell if it has blu-ray or not. Other laptops say in the "details" if they have blu-ray or not. And reading some reviews say that the laptop's battery life kinda stinks.

For the most part though, the laptop has what he is looking for. A big screen, nice cpu, good amount of memory, large hdd, and it would easily play CS 1.6

What a thought about it not being blu-ray. Thanks for the suggestion. That laptop has a nice sleek design to it. Looks right for everything.

I did the extra options search and this laptop is identical as the one you suggested but with 4GB more of memory. It's not as sleek with the grey as the white though. Any reason why it's cheaper? Is it an older model? Or it is just one of those weird newegg pricing thing that hard drives sometimes have?

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS8943G-9429 NoteBook Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz) 18.4" 8GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm BD Combo ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom