Harddrive swap to different Dell 1525 Inspiron - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Harddrive swap to different Dell 1525 Inspiron

I have a 2006 Dell Inspiron 1525, with Pentium Dual T3400 2.16, 3G ram with vista SP2, everythings perfect, except its falling apart, litteraly, the screen is being held with tape after some drop and the thing is heavy. I bought a new $00 Acer 12 inch super fast windows 8 and but the annoyance it causes with the small screen and the windows 8 itself is too much.

Basically I found selling a used 1525 for $90, Dual Core 1,7 ghz, 2 Gig ram, 120 Gigs drive, basically almost same thing, but not EXACTLY (ram different, processors bit different). Can I take out my hard drive from my current dell, remove drive from the other, insert mine, and everything runs as smoothly with no errors whatsoever.
marcoax is offline   Reply With Quote