Graphics Card Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

echox91

Baseband Member
(i posted this on another thread..which i see now would b more appropriate here =\)

hi.. erm i have the MSI GT735 laptop that has an ati hd 3850...so according to the thread about graphics cards, i can't play a game like mass effect on high settings?

I checked the recommended settings for that game, and it said: "Recommended: ATI X1800 XL series or higher, NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or higher"
doesn't that look like i should be able to run it on high settings, or am i missing something?

You're confusing laptop cards with desktop cards. The laptop cards are nowhere near as powerful as the desktop cards.

Anyway, go to this site, and find Mass Effect in the drop-down menu. You'll be able to see if you can run it.
Can You RUN It?

that's what i used to determine the recommended settings. i haven't gotten the laptop yet so i just used my pc. Is that supposed to change if I use a laptop instead? Will the site dish out different numbers?

You may get away with running at 1680x1050, but since the Mobility HD 3850 is similar spec'ed as the desktop HD 3850.. you should be able to max it @ 1440x900 (I did when I ran it here)

I have an HD 3850 512MB though

hey thats the card im getting
thanks again! i hate how all this "can i run this game at high settings" questions are so ambiguous tho...ughh

A lot of game devs really don't want to know any thing about laptop graphic cards. It's an attitude that they really need to change as more and more people are going towards laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom