good laptop for autocad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
This guy that's working at the house asked me if i can try to find him a laptop for autocad on newegg.
i told him ill post on a forum to get more info.
now im guessing the laptop has to be as good as a gaming one?
and will it be expensive?

thanks in advance

It does not need to be gaming. You need more CPU power and a lot of RAM to punch numbers.

For that, I would recommend a Lenovo. My friend had on for engineering, lasted his whole 4 years.

Depending what he's doing with AUTOcadd. If he's rendering large drawings, a good i5 or i7. 6Gigs. And I think autocadd runs cuda, so a nvidia gpu would help.

If its not big drawings, than any quality system, i5 or x4, and a dedicated gpu will be just fine.

I'd also recommend as big of a screen as they can carry.

is there something in the 700 to 800 pice range that will work? im looking tru newegg myself just want to be sure whats best
he wants a 500gb harddrive i cant see anything for that price with good cpu at leat not an i5 lol

YA you will need a slightly pricier laptop for autocad and such programs. I would suggest something with a Quadro graphics card. They run pricier but will handle any autodesk program with minimal effort.

I have my laptop which is a workstation designed for this purpose and boy does it do it. If you want ideas on specs check my dell sig. Though they don't sell this model on newegg for some reason so.

I'll see what i can find in your price range. oh and screen size is a plus but a 15.6 i think does the job

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220751
This has decent specs for the price.

Has an i5 so you have the cpu power
a nvidia 310m so you have cuda
4gb of ram
500gb hard drive like your friend wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom