Good Labtop??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Baseband Member
HP Pavilion dv6700t customizable Notebook PC
KL090AV
– Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
– Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T5750 (2.0GHz)
– 15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
– FREE Upgrade to 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
– Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - For Core 2 Duo Processors
– HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Microphone
– 802.11b/g WLAN
– FREE Upgrade to 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive!!
– SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
– No TV Tuner w/remote control
– 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
– Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
– HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

plus a year of accidental damage for another 100

$$789

Hello,

For the specs it is decent. C2D CPU, 2GB or RAM. The only limitation i see if the GFX. Integrated is shotty. It doesnt run games well and some do not even support Aero.

So depending on what you want to use the laptop for i would say it is a good one.

PS it is laptop not labtop. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

its been a long day. Yea i would mostly use the laptop for school purposes. I have a gaming desktop, so i wouldnt need a powerful laptop for gaming. Is this overkill though, since i have a decent gaming computer?

Hello,

Not necessarily. Since it is running Vista the CPU and RAM will help with that. I have a laptop that run Vista on a AMD CPU with 1GB of RAM but many would consider it slow. So the extra will help for sure.

Since it will be used with school stuff i can bet you will be running Office at some point and this will surely be better off than a slower system with less RAM.

Cheers,
Mak

I'd say that's pretty good for the price range. The T5xxx series are a bit slower, but still plenty fast for average use and even light gaming. I would DEFINITELY take the jump for a better graphics card if possible, however, even an 8400M GS would really improve your graphics performance, allowing light gaming and use of 3d applications such as design or modeling software.

2GB is definitely a plus, as 1GB on Vista is like minimum specs, it lags horribly (my parents have a 1GB Vista desktop, they need to get more RAM lol, constantly complain about it being slow). Getting 64 Bit Vista is definitely a must, as applications are going to move to 64 bit processing and 32 bit OS will become less and less useful. The 64 bit Vista will still run your favorite 32 bit apps though, only issue would be unsigned drivers (like those used to overclock your GPU) and there are workarounds for those too.

As for HP, I think you'll be very pleased. I have an HP dv9700t and it's very nice. The style is the same on their dv6000 series as well, the Radiance imprint finish is a pattern embedded in the top of the case and into the hand rest area beside the touchpad. I think it looks really good. The touch-sensitive media bar (pretty sure the dv6000's have it) is nice. You'll probably also get a mini remote that you can control Windows Media Center with.

Hello,

For the specs it is decent. C2D CPU, 2GB or RAM. The only limitation i see if the GFX. Integrated is shotty. It doesnt run games well and some do not even support Aero.

The X3100 supports Aero, and plays some games decently. I have the same integrated graphics in my laptop, and it supports Aero just fine. Also plays FEAR at low/mid settings @ 1280x800 fairly decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom