This a good gaming laptop for under $1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i woulnt pay around 1k with a c2d , 2gb ram and an 8600gt.

just wait with dell, tey get deals on and off.
look around the dell vostros..
theyre cheaper.

specs dont look to bad, though acers are known for cooling problems, and if the guys a gamer build a desktop their FAR better for gaming. only real laptops that are great at gaming are alienware-and their overrated. laptops are to compact, and even if you get extremely high performance stuff they get hot and wont last as long as a desktop.

whats the price on that?
the only thing thats bad is the processor.
stay away from celerons.

celerons arnt all that bad, especially not that one, 1 mb cache isnt horrible. I ran an old 1.8 ghz celeron with a 128 k cache for awhile, didnt mind it. granted celerons are no where near as good as the core 2s or the AMD processors, and if you want a high end gaming machine I would never buy a celeron, but their great for servers because they run so much cooler then the AMD and core 2s. they last forever to mainly cuz of how cool they run. If i was to start a web server or a comp id leave on 24 7 that I wouldnt be tasking hard i would have no issues using a celeron, especially in a laptop. but yeah, if you want to build your friend a gaming machine, get the high end processors. a athlon 64 x2 or phenom, or a core 2 or pentium D on the intel side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom