Is This A Good Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I have been looking for a fairly cheap laptop....it needs to be able to work well with alot of pictures, and it needs to do some gaming....like just medium settings .

Would this do the trick, and would the price be right.

Dell Vostro 15.4 LCD Screen
2GB Ram
160GB HD
256 MB 8600GT video Card { it seems hard to find a stand alone video card for this price of a laptop}
Intel Core 2 Duo@ 1.4 Ghz
$669 shipped

Is this a good deal and would it serve my purpose....also is that processor enough for some gaming.....will the gpu and cpu be good together....no bottlenecking? Or should i just get a $550 refurbished Dell Inspiron with 2gb ram and an amd dual core with integrated graphics?

Thanks for any help

Well first what games? Crysis wouldnt play. But you could play Steam games nicely on there. 160GB hard drive would be a limit for you. As after the OS and games you wouldnt leave much room for pics and the applications to modify them.

That sounds excellent for the price. I wouldn't even mess with a Dell refurb myself. I wouldn't trust them. But for some light to mid gaming and other regular/basic tasks that laptop would be excellent for the price. Dedicated graphics are usually very expensive so this is a good deal.

I think that's a good deal, it is bettter than a refurbished Dell Inspiron, intel is more promising in the long run.

it's a nice deal with the 8600gt but that cpu is a little slow. But considering laptop gpu's are very expensive i would get it no matter the cpu.

Id say go for it. A 1.4ghz core duo is no slug, my lappy only has a 1.4ghz pentium m and it still runs well to this day. The 8600gt is found on high end laptops also, so thats a **** good deal for the price.

my laptop is not a gaming laptop and has a 2.0ghz duo so compared to other laptops available it is rather slow...but that gpu would coast prob more then $300 to buy so it a good deal still. Id buy it, take the gpu out of it...buy a laptop that has room for the gpu and sell the laptop that came with the gpu...but thats just me.

my laptop is not a gaming laptop and has a 2.0ghz duo so compared to other laptops available it is rather slow...but that gpu would coast prob more then $300 to buy so it a good deal still. Id buy it, take the gpu out of it...buy a laptop that has room for the gpu and sell the laptop that came with the gpu...but thats just me.

Laptop gpus are not upgradeable in that manner....in fact most are soldered to the board. Only a few laptops have upgradeable graphics, most dont.

Yeah compared to yours it may be slower, but still its a good lappy for the price. And the cpu can actually be upgraded later, most laptops do allow this.

Your kidding, i didn't know that. lol. I never said it was a bad laptop for the price, i just said the cpu was a little slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom