going to college

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhMassacre

Baseband Member
going off the college and im looking for the best laptop i can get for under $1000 dollars.
i need to write papers, browse the internet, and i'd like a good gaming machine.

what do you guys think?

no, i just want to be able to play stuff like call of duty world at war on low specs.
i just want to be assured that my laptop will be able to handle some slight gaming.

any suggestions on what to buy?

My cousin has a dell laptop, he says it works good for everything, might be worth looking at

I think he was asking what the make and model was. ;)

I think your best bet would be to customize a Dell Vostro.

With a Core 2 duo @ 2.2GHz, Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit, 4GB of RAM (DDR2 @ 800MHz), nVidia 9300M GS 256MB video Card (Dedicated), 160GB HDD, and much more the cost came out to $872. Not a bad price. would be at least decent enough to do what you need. But no Office software would be included.

i already have office disc, but i still need a little more HD space.

would that be upgradable?

$1000 - Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor - Blue/Black - G60VX-RBBX05

That will max call of duty. Heck, it even almost maxes Crysis irc due to the screen resolution being only 720p.

The only con to that laptop is low battery life. You can put it it power saver mode to make it last slightly longer though. My laptop has a mobile HD 4650 in it, which is decently weaker, and it only lasts an hour and a half in power-saver mode when only surfing the net and using word and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom