Going to buy laptop, need help choosing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hi all

I plan on buying a laptop for college and to last me through to university, and i plan on spending about £650 on it. I have found two laptops, both which appeal to me greatly but i cant choose between them:

HP Pavilion tx2130ea Entertainment KM125EA#ABU From Laptops Direct - Tablet PC, reasonable Spec, 12.1 Inch

and

Samsung Q70 NP-Q70AV03/SUK From Laptops Direct - Normal laptop, much higher spec for everything, 13.3 Inch

They both appeal to me (i want a small, mobile laptop, but i dont want a netbook), but i cant choose between them. The tablet feature makes me drool, but the 8400M GS and the santa rosa CPU on the Samsung are also very nice. Both are also the same price.

I plan to do mainly office stuff, and to carry my laptop here and there, so battery life is also quite important. I have a main gaming PC, but i would like to do light gaming on the go now and then (e.g. Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Diablo 2, Rome Total War, Starcraft 2 when it comes out), so the higher spec would help.

Im also worried about the heat that turions put out, in comparison with a C2D.

What would you all recomend? Tablet or powerful laptop?

I would say go for the more powerful laptop. I know tablet doesn't appeal to me much but it's really sort of a novelty. Since you'll need to last around 4 years you'll want the highest specs you can get.

Turions don't get a whole lot hotter than a C2D that I know of so I wouldn't worry much about them. Having discrete graphics can increase heat output, though. Usually you'll only notice that if you're playing a game, tho.

right, thanks a lot. I was also coming to the same conclusion myself, and i doubt even vista can reconise my scratty lefthanded writing anyways :p

I am probably going to buy it within this month :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom