GFX Card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradKane

Beta member
I'm an absolute novice when it comes to this, I have no idea. However I recently bought an Easynote LJ71 Packard Bell notebook and I've just started gaming again - WoW.

However on the opening on the game I was not at all pleased with my fps and the fact I had to run the settings on the utmost minimal. Is it possible to change the GFX Card for a significantly better one?

The GFX card that's on my Notebook is the AMD M880G (chipset?) with ATI Radeon HD 4200

If you need more information do tell :)

Thanks

NO you cannot simply replace a GFX card in your laptop. You should have looked at that before you bought it. The 4200 is a low-grade card. That is why you get bad FPS.

It is possible to change RAM, CPU, GPU, and HDD in most laptops that use MXM style cards (the GPU card). The problem is, anybody stuck with integrated (an IGP in the chipset like yours) is screwed due to having no slot for a dedicated GPU.

Okay, though the 4200 cards are low, they aren't thagt bad.... WoW will play on intel gpus so its all about tweeking the settings on the game.

Your system, while hoe-hum, is in the requirements. Try lowering the settings abit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom