Getting a new lappy soon( Apple whaaa??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
Thats right, my first apple product.

Been doing alot of thinking and research and the macbookpro seems to be the best choice for my needs. As i will be going into Cinematagrophy for a career, Final Cut studio will be a great advantage. I also realized i could use bootcamp to dual boot windows xp. This way i could still have all of my beloved microsoft applications:rolleyes: . I can also get one with an 8600GT, which is meh anyways, but will suit my everynowandthen gaming desires.

What do you guys think. Should i go with a macbookpro or find a nice PC alternative?

MacBook Pros are pretty awsome machines, they're built well and they look great, Might as-well get one if your going into Cinematography and get used to the industry standard.

And like you said, you can always throw Windows XP on another partition using BootCamp.

Well, I've never used a Mac, but I've heard Final Cut and the other Apple programs are great for video editing. Professionals usually use Apple computers. If it runs Windows XP then even better. I have an 8600M GS in my HP laptop and it's plenty fast enough to play Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2, and it can sorta run Crysis (SP Demo) at 1024x768 with settings on low/medium.

What is the screen size? I prefer a large (17") screen but 15.4 isn't that bad. Make sure it has a large resolution because otherwise complex editing applications will fill the screen with buttons and you'll have no room to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom