Geek Squad to fix my laptop?

bella123

Beta member
I have had so many issues with my Laptop since I had it serviced at PC World, a friend told me to go to Geek Squad to get it fixed but I have never heard of them before. Does anyone know if they are any good?

They're through Best Buy.

Honestly, they're a rip off and will charge you an arm and a leg to do simple things.

If you're having issues, we can try and help you if you describe your problem to us.

What laptop do you have and how old is it and is their a warranty still on it? If its having problems and theirs still a warranty you could always send it back to them and say theirs problems having

If your laptop is not in warranty, the I would try posting your problems here to see if we can help you (it's worth a shot, it's free) before you send it to anyone else.
Also, just fyi, Geek Squad charges between 70-90 to look at a computer, before the repair.

Thankyou all, I have been looking for my warranty as I had misplaced it! Fortunately I have a month left!! Will they charge me for any work they will do on it?

I got the whole PCB of my CRT monitor replaced for 0 charge, even when i logged my complaint at the last day of the warranty. This was in 2006.

Certainly recommend inquiring here first. Geek Squad will charge you 75$ for a diagnostic. Depending on what is wrong, the price for repair ranges from 100-300$ (the price of a brand new laptop). Although their repairs are effective, and i feel i have annoyed them in the past with my warranties entitling my multiple free repairs when physical damage is done to my computers, it's not as if that repair is worth that amount of money and often you can fix it yourself for free and they won't tell you that xD

Just remembered something regarding Geek Squad that may be worth mentioning. The offer free support via phone.
Also, be sure to send your laptop to the manufacturer for repair asap. If for some reason it takes a couple weeks to get to the manufacturer, they may consider the date they received it, not the day it was shipped to determine whether it's under warranty or not.

Just remembered something regarding Geek Squad that may be worth mentioning. The offer free support via phone.
Also, be sure to send your laptop to the manufacturer for repair asap. If for some reason it takes a couple weeks to get to the manufacturer, they may consider the date they received it, not the day it was shipped to determine whether it's under warranty or not.

They usually determine that when you put the RMA or repair request in, not on shipping dates.

Back
Top Bottom