Gateway Solo 1450 Hang Up - Huge Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihsnek

Baseband Member
Hello,

I own a Gateway Solo 1450 laptop that I've been having one MAJOR issue with lately...for the last couple of months.

The laptop will immensely "slow down", literally taking 100x as much time to startup, run a program, etc. It works flawlessly for about 1-2 hours after a long rest period, roughly a couple months, then the bug strikes.The laptop makes a "click, click, click, click, etc." noise when it does this.

I am semi-proficient when it comes to computer hardware, yet I have no earthly idea what is causing this. I've reformatted it numerous times, installed Windows XP, different Linux distros, etc. and it always gets this way.

Any help would be appreciated, advise, comments, etc.

Thanks.

Its the hard drive. Its nearing death. Best advice is to get a flash drive or a cd-r and to copy over all of your important data. then go buy yourself a new laptop hard drive, install it, and reinstall windows

Yeah, that's gotta be the hd. Fortunately, this is a fairly cheap and easy fix. Back everything thing up and buy a new hd.

Yeah, that's gotta be the hd. Fortunately, this is a fairly cheap and easy fix. Back everything thing up and buy a new hd.

common is right^

I encountered similar problems with a compaq evo n620. Once I installed a new hd, everything was back to normal.

Its the hard drive. Its nearing death. Best advice is to get a flash drive or a cd-r and to copy over all of your important data. then go buy yourself a new laptop hard drive, install it, and reinstall windows

Gah.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom