Gateway: Replacement battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
I own a gateway solo 1450. I pulled the battery from it(touch sensor allows me to check the battery health) and according to the battery it has a full 100% charge, unfortunately, when i press the power button all the lights come on but the laptop never runs off the battery power. Is this something to do with the motherboard? or the way i have windows configured. if so, please help, i don't know whether selling it or getting the replacement battery for 120 would be worth it if the problem/issue remains.

IT could be your Windows settings have you checked them at all? But i would think that the problem is deeper.

I've had that happen with two generic Dell replacements. I suspect it's the batteries internal protection circuitry.

Thanks for the replies. Checked my windows powersave and charging options, the unit is always charging and according to my bios the battery holds at 93%, i checked the contacts and the powersupply, still the same issue, everything is telling me the juice in the battery is there but i don't want to pull the thing apart and take a soldering gun to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom