Gaming/Media Laptop Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcal313

Baseband Member
I'm debating buying one of the following two laptops. You guys were great in helping me build my desktop, I'm sure I can get the same good advice on these two laptops.

Asus G72Gx-RBBX09
Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor - Black - G72Gx-RBBX09

vs.

Toshiba X505-Q830
Toshiba - Qosmio Laptop with Intel® Core™ i7 Processor - Omega Black - X505-Q830

The major difference for me is the blu ray player included in the Toshiba. It's not a must have, but it would be great to have since half the time I'm going to be using this thing will be for 10+ hour stints.

That being said, I'm worried about heat issues. I will be using the laptop for extended periods of time. My environment will be indoors mostly, at room temp.

Other than those issues, I'll be playing some games on it, nothing too demanding.

Any advice would be great!~

I'll be watching movies on it, playing games ranging from WoW to many of the newest FPS's...

Other than that, web browsers will almost always be up, and I watch / listen to movies and tv shows while I play many games.

Thanks

Toshiba is the brand I would pick if I need a solid work laptop.
Asus is a brand I would pick if I need a gaming laptop. Also 2 years international warranty on asus.

I am also a little doughtful on the i7 CPU in a laptop environment on the toshiba. At least the Asus is a mobile Quad Core.

Great, I was leaning towards the Asus myself, thanks for the advice.

I'm still unsure about heat issues, if the laptop is under normal load situations for 3+ hours at a time, will I be running into overheating problems with the quadcore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom