Gaming Laptop Under $ 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddestruction

Baseband Member
Ok, Im interested in entering the computer gaming world as I've heard good things about it, Im originally an Xbox user. What I want to know is what is the best quality laptop i can get that can play the best games ( graphically and otherwise ) and never see the framerate deteriorate into nothing?

BTW i will also need good battery life for I am a college student and need to have it for some class work, not that ill be on the highest settings while writing a paper of course. And it must have a wireless card with N network support. I dont care what OS its running.

Not needed: DVD buner, mouse (do they come with one anyway?)

Ive heard alienware has good ones, anyone have any builds that will be good for this price range?

Thnx in advance

Newegg.com - ASUS W90 Series W90Vp-X2 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000(2.00GHz) 18.4" Wide UXGA 6GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870 X2 - Laptops / Notebooks

You will always have to upgrade to run the latest and greatest games. It may not be for a while, but at some point in time you WILL have to upgrade to run the newest games.

Noted, thnx, are we talking years or months?

Was just reading the reviews on that product. Seems excellent, one person was complaining about no support from the company and the drivers not being updated thoroughly. I know I shouldn't base my opinion on one review but am I going to have any problems with it. Like this guy

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/vista-died-my-laptop-213897/

The laptop just posted is currently the strongest on the market.

It can put desktops on here to shame.

Like mine. :p

Noted, thnx, are we talking years or months?

Was just reading the reviews on that product. Seems excellent, one person was complaining about no support from the company and the drivers not being updated thoroughly. I know I shouldn't base my opinion on one review but am I going to have any problems with it

I think the review you are referring to is the one about modded drivers. Don't listen to that one, drivers from ATI are just fine, without needing to be modded.

With the way games are coming out these days, it could be months or years, there's not a really good answer to that question. At the time Crysis came out, there wasn't many computers that could run it on ultra settings, and still be at a playable FPS. Similar to ArmA II, or so I have heard.

Dont mean to double post (cant edit posts now for some reason, button doesn't show up)

I would like someones advice on an Alienware M17 I made:

Dual 1GB ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 4850 - CrossFireXâ„¢ Enabled!
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9000 2.00GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
4GB« Dual Channel DDR3 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz – 2 x 2048MB
320GB 7,200RPM (16MB Cache
Subtotal: $2,583.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom