gaming laptop help

disturbed22

Beta member
I recently got a macbook pro retina for a gift about a week or so ago and their are a lot of nice things about it but it just dosent have that WOW!!!! feature and I dont particularly like the OS. It has a very nice track pad and 2880x1800 resolution and everything but I think I will sell this to buy a gaming computer.

I need a laptop because I take it to school and I like sitting on the couch with my laptop so a desktop wont work. I really like the look of alienware m18x r2 but I know its overpriced and I hear about a lot of them failing but im not sure. I hear good things about sager laptops but I have watched reviews and the mic is placed in a weird spot and I think I noticed a few other things. It just dosent look badass by like the alienware laptops.

I would really appreciate anybodys input on this. Does anyone know of better place to sell my macbook pro instead of craigslist? I would like selling it online but paypal sucks so I cant use that.

Also no matter what laptop I get should I get like the cheapest HDD, cheapest RAM, Cheap GPU. Then just upgrade all those myself? or is it not even worth it?

Thanks guys

I like my Asus G73. They have the G75 out that a member here has, and he really likes it as well.

AS for upgrading yourself... RAM / HDD are easy to upgrade. Get the best CPU/GPU/screen you can. Screens can sometimes be upgraded, but not always. My G73 originally came with a 1600x900 LCD, but I swapped it out for a full 1920x1080 screen; was a $120 upgrade.

I like my Asus G73. They have the G75 out that a member here has, and he really likes it as well.

AS for upgrading yourself... RAM / HDD are easy to upgrade. Get the best CPU/GPU/screen you can. Screens can sometimes be upgraded, but not always. My G73 originally came with a 1600x900 LCD, but I swapped it out for a full 1920x1080 screen; was a $120 upgrade.

So is asus or sager better?

You can look at the MSI GT Series, they Have the GT60 which is 15.6inch with many different variants and the GT70 which is 17.3 inch with many different variants as well

You might want to just buy a barebones laptop if you're already planning on replacing practically everything. It would probably be cheaper and easier.

Back
Top Bottom