gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokawild69

Baseband Member
im trying to find a good gaming laptop for not alot of money
currently im looking at an asus from best buy

Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™ i5 Processor - Blue/Black - G60JX-RBBX05

the actual price in the store for that asus is $810 in store.
my question is if ther are any other laptops out ther thats either as good if not better for around that same price. i really dont have many ideas of where to look other than best buy and new egg

Look at an Alienware M11x. This is the only Alienware worth buying. It may sadden you on the screen size, but a good GPU is one of the most important hardware in gaming.

Though, you would get more performance and spend less money on a Desktop build. Even if you are inexperienced, we can help.

yea it would be cheaper to get a desktop but im already building one as a side project. my current laptop's mobo just fried out a couple of weeks ago and so now i really want to replace it with a gaming laptop. im always on the go so i really like my laptop

You really won't get a decent gaming laptop without spending over $1000, even than it would be pushing to to get anything great for under 1,800 (before shipping and taxes), but It can be done. (Though if this was 3 years ago, I would laugh at you for using gaming and laptop in the same sentence.

My honest advice to you though is, get a good e-mail box laptop with a decent screen for like 500 - 600 and use the 200-300$ you save and get an awesome graphics card for your desktop build, I use a laptop you could clasify as a gaming laptop, and I still haul my full computer to a lan party lol.

That said, the Alienware M11x is not a terrible choice, I think it starts at $800 but that is with the dual core and I think only 2gb of DDR3 ram and (I think) a 160gb Hard Drive. If you want to spend more, it is easy enough to go through and design your own, but something running like 3 or 4 gb of ram, a quad core, and even a 350gb hd, I think it would run you well into the thousands.

Starting at $800, you get a Core 2 Duo. Starting at $950, you get an i5 or i7. You start at 2GB DDR3 and 160GB SATA HDD for both.

(Do you have to follow me everywhere, Fox? :lol:)

is it better to have the duo or i5 for a gaming laptop. i heard that its better to have duo because games are more stable on it but should i get the i5 for plans for the future

If you want a gaming laptop, while i was the first to suggest the mx11, don't get an mx11.

Grab a 15" monitored atleast, and a decent, not supurb dedicated gpu.

I have an acer 8930 with a 17.5" and a 9600m gt and it does okay... I went for screen size due to work, not gaming.

The i5 is a dual... its new tech... Some are quads though too. For gaming, right now a dual is just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom