Gaming laptop ($1600 limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recked

Beta member
Alrighty folks, my first post here and I'm seeking advice.

Here's basically what I'm looking for:

- Something to run the next generation of MMO's (primarily WAR...I can handle not being able to run AoC at max settings)
- At least 2 gigs, preferably 3 or 4
- A sexy video card (probably at least 8600)
- Max cost of 1600
- Preferably MS Office included

I don't have any problems buying from Newegg or anything, but I want something reliable to go to college with and be able to keep up my hobby of MMO gaming. I know laptops are not the best for games, but I imagine WAR will be the most intense thing I'm gonna be playing- WoW runs well on most things, so I'm not concerned about decking out a comp for that :)

Anyway, any and all advice is extremely appreciated!

Erm...yes. Quite serious. I mean I know it's not gonna come from Voodoo or nothing, but I figure I can get something decent enough to play Warhammer on.

My Dell XPS plays Guild Wars flawlessly. If you set on dealing with Newegg then take a look at the ASUS G series.

My Dell XPS plays Guild Wars flawlessly. If you set on dealing with Newegg then take a look at the ASUS G series.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take something good from a name brand manufacturer as well. I'm thinking about getting the Dell XPS m1530, I think it is.

You will not find Microsoft Office included. It will be a trial not the full software. The software it self will cost you about a fraction of the laptop itself. There are few if any places that actually give you the full version.

Dell or Alienware would be a suggestion.

You can get a Dell XPS 1530, it seems that recently Dell is offering some sale on XPS 1530, I noticed a deal on the Dell XPS M1530 2GHz 4GB 320GB 15.4in laptop is $1199, with 256MB 8600M GT, 9-Cell Batt, looks pretty cool.

Like the guy above said, this is a very nice deal that should meet your gaming needs:

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Make sure you upgrade to the 9 Cell battery for "free."

The only thing about this setup is the fact that you'll have a 1920 x 1200 resolution on a 15" screen. Also, the HDD isn't that great, especially at 5,400 RPM, but that's what most laptop HDDs come in. You can upgrade to 7,200 RPM HDD but then the deal won't look as sweet (still keeps you under $1,600 even with tax).

Good luck.

There is a gateway FX at best buy, 1350 if I am not mistaken that runs a core 2 duo, 8800 GTS and 3 gigs of ram.

I would recommend that one if you don't want to wait for a shipped custom laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom