Games getting progressively slower (2 minutes)!

Myth Kreator

Beta member
I'm using a Dell XPS model which has an nVidia GeForce 540M processor.

Now I have a huge, frustrating problem. When I start playing a game, it runs extremely fluid and smooth, like a charm. But within a minute, the frame rate starts rapidly decreasing, and within 2 minutes, it's as if you're seeing a frame-by-frame review of an action scene. It keeps getting slower and slower. When I run the game on an Intel card, the game is slow, but otherwise there is no progressive slowing down, and runs at a constant frame rate. So I guess this is a problem with the nVidia processor. But I have no clue as to what it is.

Earlier, I used to play Assassin's Creed and Hitman: Blood Money on the same processor, but had no problems whatsoever. It seems to be a recent issue.

This problem happens for any game I play. Some examples are Batman: Arkham Asylum, Far Cry 2 and GTA 4.

Is this a software or a hardware related problem, and what do I do to fix it?? A little desperate here :(

What are your temps? use HWMonitor. Leave it open while you play the game. Then post a screenshot up.

I think this is a heat problem.

I second the motion that this is a heat issue. xD

Could also be driver issues, unless companies are making Intel/Nvidia multi-gpu systems a bit better these days.

Here's the image:

HW1.png

^ Before playing the game, and during the game.

If it is a heat problem, how can it be a recent one? I didn't have this issue before. And the game works perfectly on my friend's laptop, which is the exact identical model!

Stop playing games... IMO, 100C for an i5 CPU is WAY too much... Neither picture shows your GPU though, only your CPU.

But I will say this, I bet your GPU got hotter than the CPU. Dust your laptop out, or send it back to the manufacture and have them dust it out. It isn't uncommon that a CPU/GPU fan fails in a laptop pre-mature.

Back
Top Bottom