Forcecon Fan Help!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Forcecon Fan Help!!

Ok so heres the deal. I have an MSI laptop that has a Forcecon fan and heatsink in it. about a month ago, it started to crap out on me, and recently its gotten much worse, shutting down after only an hour or so of gaming. I have researched to the ends of the internet, and cannot seem to find the model of this heatsink anywhere...including the forcecon website. Being that they have no contact information for tech support, i decided to come here for some info.

The model on the sticker of the heatsink is listed as "E32-0900502-F05" and there is also a model number embosses on the top copper coil, which is "FON 79L 4015"

Out of curiosity, are there any like after market Intel processor heatsinks that can replace this one if i cannot find the actual forcecon im looking for? ive got a picture here to help if anyone can answer that for me. or even better, actually knows where i can cop the forcecon heatsink and fan.

Login | Facebook

Heres a pic of it, dont mind the facebook img fastest thing i could think of!

preciate it

Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n

Default Re: Forcecon Fan Help!!

If the HS/F in your laptop is going faulty then you need to contact the manufacturer of the laptop, in your case MSI.

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Old 04-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ive tried that. MSI is worthless, they had no info for me as expected.

any other ideas?

*Edit* Let me clarify...that this laptop is almost 4 years old, its not under warranty nor is the heatsink faulty its just dieing because of almost 4 years of gaming :P i need a replacement for the fan/hs and cannot find the part from the manufacture or anything that resembles the heatsink from other manufacturers
Old 04-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

That's a cutom-made fan. Only MSI would have the part for it.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

lame, well thanks for the help. guess ill try going through what im sure will be a ****storm getting it from msi
Old 04-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ok, is there a way to tell what kind of fan is in it? since im sure its just the fan that is messed up, i could just replace that. i finally got ahold of the correct msi department, and im not going through what they want in order to even find out if they have the heatsink any more.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n

The first step would be to measure it and see if you can find anything similar online.

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Closed Thread