FlyBook VM. An error after upgrade the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCarran

Beta member
Hi to all,
I've a Dialogue FlyBook VM and I've recently updated the EC and BIOS to new version avaiable (1.75). Before of the update the laptop worked well. After the update I have one problem: when booting the FlyBook with the DC-in cable connected remains in a white screen for several minutes (20 or more minutes), without viewing anything else before, and then start up normally. However, when booting with the battery (and DC-in cable disconnected) the laptop starts normally but, when I insert the cable, displays a black screen and the computer is completely blocked (and then I must shut it down by holding pressed the power button).

Has anyone ever had a similar problem? For you, what is the cause of this problem? You have any idea by resolving it?

Thanks.
Regards.

Nobody?

Now the initial white screen may last some hours, and the only way that I have of use the laptop is with the battery, till is charge, then I have to turn off the computer and charge the battery if I want reuse it.

I would roll that BIOS update back. See if you can find the old BIOS and reinstall it. If the issue goes away then there has to be an issue with the BIOS. If the issue continues you know it isn't the BIOS update that cause the problem.

1. if issue is resolved by rolling back the bios to the older version then just stick with the older version, probably not a ton of gain by using the new bios
2. if issue isn't resolved, then maybe look for some type of short caused by the power cable. Probably nothing within the power cord causing the issue, but on the power connector on the MB, which would require either soldering a new connector or replacing the MB, both of which are a pain to do.

Thanks for reply.

Install the old BIOS was the first thing that I tried to do, but I could not find it (not even in the web site of Dialogue, the maker of the laptop).

One problem to the power cord I can exclude it because I tried with another one but nothing is changed.

At this point I have only to wait untill is released, as soon as possible, a new release of the BIOS, hoping that the problem is not on the MB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom