Fan Replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopePhizh

Solid State Member
I have a Zepto 6615WD and the fan has started to sound like a fishingboats motor so im thinking about changing it and i havent really been messing with laptops so i was just thinking how hard or easy is it to replace a cooling fan in general

Never heard of that brand but go to there support ot documentation page and you should find a design schematic so that you can open it up. Could be dust in the motor or the bearings dying try some WD40 if you can get access to the motor. Laptops are very small-form design tetris orientated there is no standardised shapes though so its like trying to play tetris with stange angled shapes so the fan may be difficult to replace but you will have to research that yourself unless you get lucky on here with someone thats replaced it before.

A $1.50 can of air will probably fix the issue. More than likely dust has accumulated and caused the fan blades to rub on the chassi.

Usually you do not need to replace them. Depending on problem. My laptop's fan started to make strange noise two weeks ago. Cleaning solved the problem.
Everything depends on what you find when you open your laptop.

I had to replace my fan last year. It's not really a big deal; if you are careful and meticulous you should be able to do it with no hassles. Sometimes it's just hard trying to navigate through the complex internals of the laptop i.e. finding all the screws you need to take out and how to remove the entire fan and slide the new one in.

If cleaning doesn't work, and you are sure you have found the exact replacement fan that you need, I would say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom