Ethernet cable stuck in Sony Vaio...?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJDiz18

Beta member
A friend of mine made a wonderful decision in purchasing a Sony Vaio for school (can you taste the sarcasm dripping off my words?) and she tried to plug an ethernet cable into the ethernet port (as is a common practice for ethernet ports, or so I thought)

Anyway, the cable worked fine and everything, but now she cannot (and I cannot) remove the cat5 from the port. It unclicks when you push the release down, but then it only comes out about a millimeter and then it's stuck. I honestly cannot think of what could possibly be "holding onto" the cable. As if some sort of super-powered magnet has it in its grasp.

If anybody has ever heard of this before and has some idea of a method for getting it out (other than the obvious, brute force), please enlighten me. I've tried just about everything I can think of, and my only theory now is that Sony has installed some sort of DRM on their ethernet ports... :p

Hello,

Could you post a picture?

Have you tried using a small, thin flat head screwdriver to ease the connector out of the socket?

It's quite possible that the clip isnt being pushed down far enough to release the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom