Emachine needs fixing.... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Dr DMoney
Default Emachine needs fixing....

Ok my dads girlfriends sons emachine just broke and i said I would try to fix it. Well I need help... The **** thing won't start. What happen when it die is that it just died while using it. It was pluged in the wall. Now i think it is the Power supply, but notebooks are not really my thing. Any help would help.

The start of my signature...
Old 08-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Emachine needs fixing....

My girlfriend bought a new laptop a few months ago. After six weeks it decided not to boot anymore. Turned out it was motherboard. If there is nothing happening at all then that would be my guess. If you can get hold of another power supply then try that (even if you have to go to a shopand ask them if you can try plugging one in). Then at least you will know if that is faulty or even battery.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Emachine needs fixing....

never knew emachines made a notebook, usually its 5 things that happen when a notebook does not power on, first try a different AC adapter, cause they do go bad, second if the battery was left in while the notebook while it was on AC power for a long time, it leaves some residual current in the battery which does not let it turn on, you can try to take the battery out for 5 minutes, and then run it on AC power again with no battery and see if it turns on, if not, it maybe a loose DC power adapter (the piece where you plug your AC power cord into) check for any play, if loose that might be your answer. If that doesnt fix it, you may just need to take the laptop apart completely and put it back together, cant tell you how many laptops powered on just by taking them apart and putting them back together, if that doesnt fix it, its probably a bad mobo
Closed Thread