Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Hey,

Anyone got any opinions on EEE PC laptop's ? I was looking at these 2:

Asus EEEPC 900 Netbook Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

Asus EEE PC 900A Netbook Laptop - Laptops at Ebuyer

One of them has the Atom processor the other i celeron M i beleive. Now my problem is i HATE the shiny top of the Atom one (900A), i also read somewhere that the SSD on the 900A is slower than the old one ?

Any opinions would be appreciated :) I just want to use it for internet and occasional document writing / viewing pictures and video' - nothing to hardcore ;)

haha...funny you should ask...because i'm posting this on an Eee Pc 900....i love the thing...i mean literally..if it were a woman..i'd marry it and have children.....the only think i like about the 900A over the 900 is the added bit of battery life....also..there is the 900HA (which has a 160gb hdd)...i recommended it. It's wireless has amazing range..and it has full linux support and runs all microsoft apps very well (dont expect to do any gaming from it) and it plays videos well....and it gets girls...literally...i've been on 3 dates so far that are due to my Eee ....basically they approached me asking about my computer and it broke the ice really well......

I cant find the 900HA :confused: ?

Even if i could find it, it sounds more expensive than the other 2 models and i have a £220 budget which they both only just slip in to.

How do you find the 900 ? How does it run ? Is it good to surf the web ? What battery life do you get out of it ? all that kind of info's nice :)

I'm posting this on a 900HA! The HA version is the one I recommend simply because of the huge hard drive + battery life + intel atom. But yea, the shiny top is some what annoying.

Anyway, all EEE's are incredible, get one!

I think i will get the old Celeron M EEPC 900. Not the A version - from what i've read on the small amounts of info i can find of the 900A, while it's atom processor is faster than the celeron m the SSD is actually worse and it simply chokes opening stuff like MSN.

I think for browsing the web and listening to music i don't really need a quick processor, but i can't be doing with a very slow SSD. And that shiny top would drive me crazy. Im one of them people that hates things covered in smudges, it drives me mad - i don't know why, but i promptly sold my PSP and PS3, not for that reason alone because that would be mad, but it was certainly a large contributing factor to getting rid of them both ! So yeh, no smudges please :freak: :p

same with me...i have the moto Krzr with the glass front...and it gets all smudged up and it drives me insane.....i love the celly....it seems just as fast as my other laptop which is a P4 2.4ghz

The 160gb 900HA version has the fastest hard drive and the largest, and I believe it is the same price as the 900 while still having an atom processor.

I can't find it in the UK :mad: And the more i look at the Acer Aspire One.. the more im leaning away from the EEE Pc..

Oh, that's unfortunate. The Acer's are fantastic as well, just go with whatever has the best specs for the best price, can't go wrong with Acer or Asus.

Don't go Acer there build quality has plummetted over the last 3 years they use to be really reliable but now they have a tendency to die after 6-12 months. Is that countdown thing for shipping new on Ebuyer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom