Eee pc 1215

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flesh

Baseband Member
I have recently noticed this netbook-notebook from asus. It looks like quite the beast for a 400 pounds machine. Its got the dual core atom and nvidia ion 2 with upgradable ram up to 4 gb as well as 2x USB 3.

Does anyone have any idea where I might buy this laptop from in the uk ? ( amazon has it ...... but it doesn't come with USB 3.0 )

Thanks ! just checked em out and they are all out of stock ! ill check later :D

Does anyone have any comments regarding this machine ? does anyone own it?

It seems to be a very new piece of kit, it doesn't even exist yet according to the Wikipedia Eee PC article. I think any websites that do have it, either have it for pre-order or have run out of their first batch.

Edit: It came out in August, so yeah I imagine the various e-commerce sites will be getting to the end of their first batches.

yea.. the 1215 goes a little beyond the definition of a netbook. From what I have read it can run starcraft 2 as well as wow. I also understood that the nvidia ion 2 is basically the 210 gpu which is not something you would expect on a netbook.

I see the netbook as a budget option computer with low specs that allows you to perform basic pc tasks. I don't view m11x as a netbook.. but i think its all relative in the end :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom