Is dx11 worth putting off upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Random Guy

Solid State Member
For the past year I've used an Alienware M11x as my only computer, and while it kicks major butt for school, I've been considering selling it to buy something with a bigger screen and better specs. I've been looking at the Asus G60vx due to the $630 price tag. My main concern with getting a new laptop is that I want to make sure that I will be able to play the latest games on candy settings, particularly Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. Unfortunately the gtx 260m that comes with the previously mentioned Asus only supports dx10. I will admit, I don't notice a difference between Metro 2033 on dx9 vs dx11, but a demo that I watched about tessellation seemed pleasing. Since I'm not playing any CPU intensive games, I can hold off for the upgrade, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find anything that is similarly priced with comparable specs and dx11 by this fall. The only reason the Asus is so cheap is because of the mass amounts of refurbs that are sold. Who's to know if there will be good refurbs around that time (other than the G73, but that's too big for my tastes). So....Is dx11 worth worrying about since the only difference I've noticed are paused close ups of exaggerated demos, compared to not noticing a difference in actual gameplay(Metro 2033)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom