Dual or Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankefrank

Beta member
I've read a lot about Dual vs Quad core computers and everything says Dual for now. I thought that technology moves so fast that by the time you get a computer to your house it's obsolite. So, why not get a Quad and wait a month or two for the software to change?

Another question: If you had 5 grand to spend for a laptop would you get the Quad or still go with the Dual?

Well, if I had $5000 to spend, it'd probably have a quad core and 8800GTX or better (maybe SLI) graphics and a 17" or greater screen. Since that is a huge amount of money for a laptop, it's almost impractical.

I just got a $2000 HP dv9700t dual core with 8600M GS laptop and it's really good. Not much supports 64 bit or dual core yet, but hopefully that will change.

quad cofre would seem to offer the best longevity. Great performance now and that should continue for a long time as more and more programs are finally optimized for dual and quad core systems. In theory, a quad core would last you longer since you wouldn't have to upgrade as soon.

hey jorsoft ... i got the same processor as u .. intel q 6600 .. it's amazing ... not a glitch .. quad cores are a bit more expensive than duals .. if you had 5 grand .. i'd say get high speed dual processor... and dual core technology is great too , less spending , more performance ... and dude ... your laptop .. has the same specs of my desktop ... but double the price ...

i wouldnt get a quad core for a laptop cz dual core is good enough for gaming, more heat, less battery life, i think most ppl dnt multitask in laptops.

just spend more money on a desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom