Dual Monitors with Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miraho

Beta member
Hello,

I have an HDTV and a laptop and my laptop has a DVI output (thats it) and the TV has an HDMI input therefore I bought an DVI to HDMI cable hooked up the HDMI to the tv and hooked up the DVI to the laptop

Specifics:
HDTV LG 20" Model 20LS7D
ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

So I plugged in both and the TV will not let me select HDMI input, basically theres no signal, I already activated the second monitor via the xp settings and set it to a display that the tv can support tried to turn the tv on and off and nothing worked. My Omega drivers are recognizing a second Panel, an "FPD" and the display however it wont work, I even tried to force connect to a tv and that wont work.

I was given an alienware 5500, the f4 function key only allows the switching between LCD-only, CRT only and LCD and CRT. F5 and 6 are audio options (because I know some laptops function keys allows dual monitors).

Any suggestions? Should I not be using Omega drivers? Was this free alienware laptop worse off then I thought, etc?

This could be a limit of the Omega drivers. It could also be that the signal sent is not recognized by the TV at all. Evne withthe adapter.

Check the TV's settings for information on DVI input. Our plasma TV has 2 HDMI ports, one labeled "HDMI" and the other one "HDMI/DVI". I guess that means you can use a DVI signal in the HDMI/DVI one if you have an HDMI to DVI cord (all it is is a cord, there's no conversion stuff in it, DVI and HDMI have similar signals, but HDMI has HDCP). Not all PC's are able to output HDMI. I had no problem hooking my dv9700t's HDMI port to a DVI monitor, but you're trying to do the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom