Driver Problem for Compaq Armada E500 Running Windows 7 Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

villageedge

Solid State Member
OK. This may sound strange, but I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on a 650 MHz Pentium 3 Compaq Armada E500 with 512 MB RAM. Well, actually "Tiny" 7. I installed it and then purchased a genuine key and activated it. It installed with all but 4 drivers: ESS Maestro2E MPU 401, ethernet controller, PCI Serial Port (both I think are the modem [dial-up and ethernet]), and an "unknown" device. I tried getting the drivers from Windows update by running updates, but that didn't work. Then I tried going onto Compaq's website but all of those drivers are for Windows XP or lower OS's. Next, I tried "Driver Detective" and purchased a driver CD that it recommended and that didn't work. What else can I do? Are there any generic drivers that would work? Is there some part of Microsoft's website that I can go to to install drivers manually? I really would like to get Windows 7 running properly on this computer because it is actually quite fast with it. But, I can't get it to run properly without the drivers. Please help.

Download vista drivers if you can find them, if not, try this with XP drivers.

Right click the driver setup file and put it in compatibility mode for XP or Vista, and also check to run it as administrator.
One other thing you could do is check for third party drivers.
I got a Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 card to run on Windows 7 using drivers that some average Joe coded up lol.

Also what device specifically are you searching for drivers for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom