Driver help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

selene72

Beta member
Heya so here is my problem. My laptop used to have GSOD in certain games and i found out that downgrading drivers would prevent this. So i downloaded some ATI official program for deleting everything "ATI" in your computer. Now i wanted to instal new drivers...tried to run the games and get errors. NO GAME will run. The newer games will give you DirectX error or something with GUI. Older games /W3 TFT/ wont even launch. I understand i deleted something important with that program and when i try to instal new drivers they install so fast! No screen flickerin just nothin... they get installed in like 5 seconds. Tried installing directx and reinstallin games too. I would really be happy if somebody helped me.

My specs: Asus g73jh
Radeon 5870
Core i5
4gigs of ram
Windows 7 64bit.
Tnx alot

Hello selene72,
Open a command prompt as administrator and type sfc/scannow press enter and let it scan, if errors are found you will need to scan again until clear.

Download this free app.

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Boot into safe mode and remove everything ATI, reboot and install the latest driver.

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

well i did this.....now again...the drivers will install in like 5 seconds and nothing changes...and i cant change my resolution to more than 1150xdunno what now....fck

Use Driver Sweeper in safe mode, then boot to normal mode and run a search for any ATI bits that are left, run an advanced search, and "show hidden files" too, delete all and then try the re-install of the driver.

Use Driver Sweeper in safe mode, then boot to normal mode and run a search for any ATI bits that are left, run an advanced search, and "show hidden files" too, delete all and then try the re-install of the driver.

i did this but always when i try to install new driver it installs noting and shows it was succesful. When i run sweeper after the driver instalation it just shows one or two files. Also i checked control panel-hardware- and there is no radeon 5870 as it used to be... there is just standart vga adapter with standart vga microsoft drivers from 2006....
AND i cant remove it. Everytime i hit remove drivers it asks me to reboot. When i reboot and hit the button it deos the same again.

Can you go to Device Manager and see if your card is listed there, look for any yellow triangles next to any entry's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom