don't laptops come with anything useful anymore??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the laptop didn't come with restore discs there should be a program to make them. Every laptop I've ever worked on (used to sellem) had at least a program to burn your own. Search through your start menu program list for restore/recovery media creator or similar.

And keep in mind it's illegal to bundle much full version software with laptops anymore because it's unfairly passing the cost on to the consumer. Things like Office, full version AV, Photoshop, etc. must all be purchased separately. That is why laptops come with only trial versions of these programs unless you buy them specifically.

Only thing you normaly get with a laptop is the OS preinstalled, a disc to reinstall it, and sometimes a recovery partition which never worked on my laptop to begin with... You almost never get free software now in days...

I thought openoffice has its own document format that is compatible with nothing other than openoffice is this true?

It's compatable with Microsoft, don't worry :)

From the Open Office site:

The mission of the OpenOffice.org project is: "To create, as a community, the leading international office suite that will run on all major platforms...".

The porting project is responsible for ensuring the widest platform coverage. Platforms currently supported include Microsoft Windows (98 - Vista), GNU/Linux ("Linux"), Sun Solaris, Mac OS X (under X11), and FreeBSD.

It works with many formats. Of course it has it's own but you can save/open MS Office files with no problems, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom