don't laptops come with anything useful anymore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
My sister baught a laptop not long ago and there were no restore cds or instructions in the box all that was there was the laptop and power cables.
The only restore option if needed is a partition on the hdd to restore the os to factory state but this seems too insecure as a virus could easily knock it out.

When I get a laptop probably in may I want to have cds to restore it to factory state if it fails does anyone know any companies that have these come with them also none of that stupid trial crap that comes on most laptops today

All i would like is a full copy of ms office come with it and thats probably it since it will be mostly for internet and school and lite gaming

well...almost all with have trial or bloat....
I think all legit brands/sources provide you with the discs. For example, if you bought from Cletus, an HP or Dell...he may scam the discs for himself.

The laptops usually have their own version, so it's supposed to be provided.

And if you bought MS office on the side, it too should be provided on disc...provided you make note that you are purchasing media versions and not media less versions.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/fx101678741033.aspx

Media less versions are usually only obtained by consumers who wish to buy it via download. However, they can also be installed by oems...disc should still be provided. OEM office might be locked to the laptop and have no dual licensing, ie., desktop install and 1 mobile install.

however...since you are student..I use my powers of deductive reasoning by noting "mostly for internet and school"....
.:: Microsoft presents :: The Ultimate Steal ::.

lol.

yeah my gateway came with everything, just the manual doesn't say jack about the laptop, just the os, and it only came with an os restore cd. it has a restore partition on the hdd, but idk what would happen if i delete that, as i dont know if the os cd is the actual os, or if it just has crutial files, and the rest come from the hdd.

just got to do research on what ships with it inside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom