Did i kill my battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayKann

Baseband Member
i have a Acer 4520 and recently the battery life has gone to about 15 mins. I always leave it plugged in to the charger im thinking i smoked the battery.

How long have you had it? But yes, constantly having the thing plugged in will reduce the battery's max charge.

How long have you had it? But yes, constantly having the thing plugged in will reduce the battery's max charge.
False. It depends on the battery type. The newest Lithium Ion batteries do not show the 'memory' effect found in old batteries. The more likely cause is your battery is just old and unplugged or plugged in this entire time you would probably still have a vastly reduced battery life. Most laptop batteries (again depending on the type) only last about 1 to 2 years.

ah ok ive had it probably almost 2 years now. So i guess its time for a new one, where can i find a new one? Would newegg have them or do i need to go thru Acer?

Just make sure you get one that is rated for your laptop that is the same wattage. Generally speaking with laptop batteries I always go through the original manuf. (acer in your case). Doesn't mean you can't get it from other manf. or places, I just don't want risk getting an incompatible battery. Because if you get the wrong one you risk the battery exploding or possibly leaking corrosive acid - not worth the 20 dollar savings IMO.

If it's DDR2, then it's gonna be 200 pin DDR2. And, yes you can use 4GB RAM with XP, but assuming it's 32-Bit, it will only recognize +/-3.5GB of your RAM.

Depends on what you do. If you usually have a lot of programs open you will notice the 1.5. And if you went back to Vista, it would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom