desperate for help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee101

Beta member
Hi........i have an HP laptop with windows vista...my screen has been damaged and i hooked an old monitor from an old computer to the laptop and i hit the fn and the f4 button and the monitor worked fine. I purchased a new flat screen monitor today and hooked it up and there came a setting on the screen that said change the appearance of you display. I foolishly was tinkering and clicked on show different parts of my desktop on each display or the one that said duplicate my desktop on all displays....im not sure which one i clicked on. The problem is now the fn and f4 button will not work. It will come up on my new monitor in safe mode but i can't find how to change this setting back in my safe mode. Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem? I tried to backup to a restore point and it restarted and all i got was my wallpaper background with no desktop or no pointing device or anything. It will only let me start up properly in safe mode. grrrrr thanks in advance for anyone that can help me

Press F8 to get the menu options, choose "Start with VGA mode" and see if you can continue from there.

Try this:

What you need to do is figure out where/which side of the lcd the rest of the screen is. So move the mouse till it leaves the screen.

Now;

Right click on the back ground.
Press "r"

It'll bring up the desktop config.

Press down atleast 7 times, then hit enter.

The monitor seetup will get opened.

Now. If you still can't see anything, don't worry. So here comes the trick.

press alt then "m" which is the shortcut for move. then press the left or right Arrow key till the window shows up.

Just remember if the other screens on the left, push right...

Also becareful to just press the right key as you follow the above, or you'll deselect the open window.

Try it out on any other computer first to get a feel for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom