Dell XPS M1530 Notebook Issue! Please Help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Dell XPS M1530 Notebook Issue! Please Help

Hello everyone, I have a Dell XPS m1530 notebook. Last night I went to bed and my notebook was working fine. I didn't shutdown or close the lid, I just left the computer as it was, thinking it would go to sleep, just as it does every night. When I woke up, I pushed the power button and the screen stayed black. I turned it off, unplugged it, and still the notebook powers on, but the screen stays black. I tried using a fix everyone online is swearing by, which is, unplugging the power, taking out the battery, and then holding the power switch for 60 seconds. Then, plugging back in the power and turning it on. Which I guess helps a lot of people, but mine still isn't working.

I also noticed when the notebook is on, and the screen is black, it won't let me toggle on and off the caps lock. All lights on the panel where the power switch and some volume controls are, are off. Which usually has a least one or so on. The power on light is on. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Is this a hard drive issue? Or a lighting issue? Thank you all very much and I grealty look forward to hearing from you.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Dell XPS M1530 Notebook Issue! Please Help

Might be that your backlight is out. To make sure of this, turn it on, let it run a few minutes, and shine a flashlight on the screen. At like a 45* angle so you can see it.

If not, next I would say it is a bad cord/circuit in your system. If it is under warranty, I'd say RMA it. Just be sure to get all your data back.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Dell XPS M1530 Notebook Issue! Please Help

Thank you!
Closed Thread