dell xps gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
For some reason my laptop lagged for a while and I took out 1gb of ddr2 and now it runs a lot faster and smoother. It had in 2gb and it read the 2gb. Now that it has 1gb it does read 1gb. I was just wondering what could be wrong? its the same brand of memory and everything.

A stick of RAM could be going bad. Try running memtest on it with both sticks in. If you get errors, pull one and rerun it, then do the otehr.

also if I buy 2 8gb flash drives with readyboost and upgrade to vista to use the 2 8gb flash drives for memory will it work? what is the limit on vista for using the flash drives as memory?

I guess, but Vista doesn't need more than 4GB disk caching space, so any more space would be pointless.

In all fairness, if you've got 2GB RAM...Readyboost isn't gonna make much difference.

are you trying to tell me that since I have 2gb ddr2 in my laptop vista readyboost will only read 2gb on an 8gb flash drive?

Or will readyboost use up 4gb on the 8gb flash drive to make me have 6 gb?

I am starting to really hate vista now.

if you make it so the 8gb flash drive with readyboost is all memory then you will have 10gb of memory, the thing is it won't make a noticable difference because vista can only optimize 4gb max.

so just stick with 2gb and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom