Dell Vostro 3568 Laptops

jonw.harvey75

Beta member
Hello,

I'm new here and would really be grateful for some help! We recently purchased 25 of the above laptops comfortable that having other 3000 series machines in the summer it would be an easy process! Beacuse we have a site licence for Win7 Enterprise we weren't too fussed about what OS the came with.

However, I was a bit disapointed to learn that these laptops only support Win 10. For various reasons we are not ready to move to Win 10 yet.

I really need some help on identifying what drivers I need. Particuarly USB and NIC drivers.

Does anyone know how to find out the manufacturers of the various components.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Jon

I tend to open the device manager, locate the ID for the device I need, and plug it into this web site: PCI Vendor and Device Lists

It's pretty accurate at identifying the manufacturer, at which point you can just visit the manufacturer's web site and download the drivers that you need. Another one I've used before, though it's been a while, is Unknown Devices. It's a software that will scan for any devices that are missing drivers and give you information about that device.

I tend to open the device manager, locate the ID for the device I need, and plug it into this web site: PCI Vendor and Device Lists

It's pretty accurate at identifying the manufacturer, at which point you can just visit the manufacturer's web site and download the drivers that you need. Another one I've used before, though it's been a while, is Unknown Devices. It's a software that will scan for any devices that are missing drivers and give you information about that device.

To elaborate:

Open up Device Manager

On everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab

Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

Back
Top Bottom