dell studio 1535 converted

Lord orvus

Solid State Member
hello everyone over the next few days i will be taking my old dell studio 1535 which has a bad motherboard and will be bringing it back from the dead the current specs on it are a 2.0gh processor core 2 duo processor l2 1mb cache and a dead 500 gig harddrive with 4 gbs of ram and a 1535 motherboard now you may think this is crazy but i will be taking out the 1535 motherboard and replaceing it with a 1537 motherboard and a t9500 intel core 2 dual core processor 2.6 gh and a 6 mb cache with 800mh i shall then be able to put windows 7 pro on it 64 bit and and puting in 8gb of ram in her as well as a new 500g hd to go with it the total cost will be around in the range of 200$ or less i will be doing this operation at vo tech in my computer repair and networking class il be takeing pics and posting about the whole thing does anybody think this a good idea please tell me thanks

the laptop its self is a 2008 dell studio 1535 witch im turning into a souped up 1537

so im really building a new computer as im putting in a new mobo new processor new fan
new hd and new ram

Last edited by a moderator:
ebay and i belive so

may i just ask what is I/0 output

i think

ok its the power i belive they do share the same I/0 output they look and are built exactly the same

sorry i had to did it out of head and yes they do share the same I/0 output

ok so iv fixed computer before i really wana take my old dell and make it into a powerful pc in the process bringing it back to life

http://file:///F:/DCIM/100PHOTO/PICT0005.JPG[/IMG]

Orvus, please do not triple post. Use the edit button.

I/O outputs mean all your external components, DVD slot, USB, VGA/HDMI, card reader, ethernet port, etc.

yes they will work everything on the 1535 is the same as the 1537
ok thanks

Last edited:
I just checked, the 1537 and 1535 motherboards are the EXACT same motherboard between the two series, 5 is for 15in system, 7 is for the 17in system. So it's really just replacing the motherboard with the same board, standard procedure honestly.

yes i know but im also putting ina new processor and adding 8gigs of ram from windows vista
to windows 7
so it will work then right
yes but the 1537 is 64 bit
the 1535 is 32 bit
and my processor is 2.0gh
but im changing it to 2.6gh dual core

Last edited:
yea i finaly got the new 1537 motherboard and guess what the computer just did what it did before with the old motherboard it turned on then shut down with in 3-5 secs the screen was black 2 im kind of wondering could it be my processor i dont know please help

Back
Top Bottom