Dell memory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
I have a quick question about upgrading/adding memory to my Inspiron 1520. Can I use other laptop memory besides having to order it directly from dell?
Basically, can I use laptop memory I can get at my local computer store?

This is the type of memory: 667MHz non-ECC Module

Thanks!

yes.. but make sure u order laptop RAM, or u may get stuck with Desktop RAM thats not gonna fit

believe me, my friend did that b4, but its not as stupid as the guy I knew who cut it so that it fits... (my neighbor is such a moron..)

I used memory selector tools on different sites to determine the type and what was compatible with my system! I should be upgrading to 2gb by next month!

I am upgrading the ram in my laptop but too 1gb. was going for 2gb but my aunt ordered 1gb. So i'm stuck with it! anyhow do you think that my laptop will have a significant increase in performance for games, multi-tasking etc? and would windows vista be able run properly, I know i have the recommended specs but what do you guys think?

not really a significant change but you may notice loading times are quicker and when you run apps they arn's so laggy when you load them up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom