Dell Latitude D620 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2008, 05:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Dell Latitude D620

I think this is probuly a simple fix but I don't see it, I have XP pro for a operating system. This just started about a week ago. When watching a movie after about 10 min the screen goes back to the log in screen. I log it & that's ok for another 10 min or so. I went into display & shut all that off so it's not suppose to do anything when Idle but it still goes back to the log in screen....Any ideas as to how to fix this.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Default Re: Dell Latitude D620

So it goes back to the log on screen when it's idle or watching a movie? Anything where the mouse isn't moving?

Try a couple of things:
1. Go to Control Panel > Power Settings and adjust your power scheme
2. (If you're using Windows Media Player) Go to Tools > Options (maybe a little different depending on version). In the player tab under player options there should be a setting you can uncheck for allow screen saver during playback.
3. On the desktop Right Click > Properties > Screensaver Tab and uncheck the "On Resume, display logon screen" (or similar) if you're able to.

It's probably the screensaver popping on and prompting for logon, so just check these three things and see what they do. Let us know if this didn't fix it.
Closed Thread