Dell Laptops Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect I think the way you care for or don't care for your electronics is the true cause here not Dell. Broken keys and damaged screen wiring generally comes from abuse and neglect.

The guy who took it appart was saying that the wire was in completely the wrong place, it had not been secured down, and had been attached very poorly. I look after my laptops fine thanks very much, I tend to treat kit worth £800 with a little bit of respect...

The keys came broken... so ye... I have a lot of electronics which I look after and have no issues with anything except the dell laptop. I have a HP desktop now alongside my laptop, no issues at all. Have had a samsung laptop, no issues at all, 2 dell laptops... issues... all i'm saying

Try having 100 notebooks of each manufacturer. I promise you, there will be a few bad ones in the lot.

Dell made a mistake. Every company does. More Dells for us.

I'm not really a fan of Dell anymore, especially after having to work on a lot of them. Especially with their desktops and their bout of proprietary hardware sizes (PSU's especially).

I'm just implying that you don't go says a company sucks because it made a boo-boo.

Sure, Dell is a bit under grade. But I wouldn't say "they suck"

Ehh, I have had dell LCD panels from 2005 to now that still work perfect, and many buisness line laptops that are similar, yet cheaper than consumer level laptops since 2007, all still work perfect to this day minus a few NORMAL WEAR PARTS SUCH AS HARD DRIVES AND OPTICAL DRIVES. If you want something to complain about, look at the HP line of DV series laptops from 2008-2010.

Ehh, I have had dell LCD panels from 2005 to now that still work perfect, and many buisness line laptops that are similar, yet cheaper than consumer level laptops since 2007, all still work perfect to this day minus a few NORMAL WEAR PARTS SUCH AS HARD DRIVES AND OPTICAL DRIVES. If you want something to complain about, look at the HP line of DV series laptops from 2008-2010.

Lol very true about the DV series of HP laptops...

I'm still not impressed with Dell laptops at all, just because of the history I've had with them being a repair tech and all. Some of the problems were user related of course, but it just seemed like Dell's ended up with more problems than any of the others I worked on.

I will admit, I have worked on my fair share of Dell laptops, but the ones that seem to always have issues are the consumer oriented ones, such as a the Latitude, and so on, the Vostro line, seems rock stable, atleast the 1500 series from 07 does

All the business-class lines of laptops, from pretty much any brand, are good and awesome.

I recently got a Thinkpad, something I've wanted for sometime now just because I know it's going to be high quality, and going to last a long time.

For all brands, consumer series of laptops aren't as high quality as business series laptops.

I have a Vostro 1500 from 2007, still works to this day. Now my mother's laptop. Only thing I had to repair was the wireless card, and that wasn't hard. Had a compartment right to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom