Dell Laptops Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

compninja

Solid State Member
I have owned 3 Dell computers now, 1 desktop and 2 laptops, and I have decided that never again will I purchase from dell! The laptops are awfully designed, awfully constructed and well they're just downright rubbish to be honest!

I have built myself a few computers before, but decided to purchase from Dell for the ease of it because I really couldn't be bothered to. I had some problems with my laptop, and had to call out their customer support, which cost me £40 only to find that the problem was actually because it had been assembled very very badly. The guy them put it back together, and made a mistake during the assembly so that the webcam didn't work.

Had to call them out again, so as to preserve my warranty with them, which cost me another £40, luckily I got this refunded because it was there fault. But really, will never buy another laptop from dell and would recommend people to follow suit! Boycott dell and their crappy heaps of crappyness.... (yes I am not happy lol)

It's inaccurate to blame dell for the inherent problems that come from mass produced electronics. Every manufacturer makes the same mistakes and has the same issues.

Dell is to be blamed when I've had 2 laptops off of them and both have had problems. I could understand 1 laptop, but 2... They used to make good computers, but now they have more problems then they're worth.

When I got my latest ones, they had messed up the partitioning of the hard drives so I only have a 40gb C drive which was useless for anything and a 360gb D drive. The wiring had been done incorrectly so the computer screen broke after 3 months, it overheats way to easily and 3 of the keys were broken... Thats a badly assembled laptop!

We could easily say that about HP. What's the difference? Every single company had problems like this. It's not just Dell.

I have several people that own a Dell. They're all happy. I know a lot of schools use Dells. Dell is NOT to be the only company you can give a finger to.

We could easily say that about HP. What's the difference? Every single company had problems like this. It's not just Dell.

I have several people that own a Dell. They're all happy. I know a lot of schools use Dells. Dell is NOT to be the only company you can give a finger to.

agreed... I still have a 12 year old Dell XPS desktop that originally ran Windows 98.. My first computer. It still runs to this day.. Runs Ubuntu :tongue:

However, I've owned four of these HP Mini 110 laptops. Three have had to be returned because of battery issues... One has been working fine, but the other three have had battery problems.

Causes some sour feelings between me and HP, to be honest :tongue:

I personally have had good luck with the Dells I've owned, but, I've had good luck with all of the computers I've owned over the last quarter century. The only times I've ever had to call for tech/warranty support is for printers, I probably go thru at least 2 printers for every 1 computer system I build/buy.

Dell is to be blamed when I've had 2 laptops off of them and both have had problems. I could understand 1 laptop, but 2... They used to make good computers, but now they have more problems then they're worth.

When I got my latest ones, they had messed up the partitioning of the hard drives so I only have a 40gb C drive which was useless for anything and a 360gb D drive. The wiring had been done incorrectly so the computer screen broke after 3 months, it overheats way to easily and 3 of the keys were broken... Thats a badly assembled laptop!

With all due respect I think the way you care for or don't care for your electronics is the true cause here not Dell. Broken keys and damaged screen wiring generally comes from abuse and neglect.

With all due respect I think the way you care for or don't care for your electronics is the true cause here not Dell. Broken keys and damaged screen wiring generally comes from abuse and neglect.
+1 to that. Sure these things can happen due to poor quality, but most of the time it's due to the user not taking care of it (moving it carefully, not knocking it, not running Intel Burn Test on it for over a day like I did :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom