Dell laptops, how do the stack up to the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguinshome

Solid State Member
Hey all, I was looking into buying a new Dell Inspiron laptop and was wondering how well they perform up to specs and if they tend to last. I'm going into college and really need a new lappy.

Right now, if I decide Dell is safe enough, I'm thinking about configuring the Inspiron 15 inch screen, with 2Gb RAM, Geforece 8600M GT, 2.0 GHz core duo, and bigger battery. Should I also get a better network card than the standard one that comes with the laptop? Right now with coupons and other deals it's going to be about $1140.

I'm thinking I should be able to do most games pretty well on this baby, at least until Crysis.

Dell laptop, unlike their desktop counterparts, are fairly decent. They perform well and actually look sort-of good.
For that price, it might actually be a good deal.

Never ever take it apart, and be really careful with all of the ports. Hopefully yours is special, but I have never heard of one lasting longer then a year and a half. I have two dell laptops, and I now HATE dell.

Never ever take it apart, and be really careful with all of the ports. Hopefully yours is special, but I have never heard of one lasting longer then a year and a half. I have two dell laptops, and I now HATE dell.

I've heard that either you get a defective Dell or they last forever. Anyone else weighing in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom