Dell laptop video driver compatibility issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shonoluv

Beta member
Hi :happy:
I'm new here, but i thought maybe i can get some help here on a frustrating problem that Im having with a dell Inspiron 1521. I have recently bought this laptop and am trying to install dual boot XP and vista. Currently it has only xp running. The problem I am having is that the ATI drivers for x1270 integrated cards won't install and the error message that i receive says "setup did not find a driver compatible with your hardware or operating system. setup will now exit."

I have already checked for drivers at the dell site and none were available for XP. Omega drivers don't seem to work either so i am at a loss.

system information:
* amd turion 64 TL-50 x2 1.6 ghz
* 1918 mb RAM
* ATI x1200 series; radeon x1270 integrated
* windows xp professional w/ SP2

note; this laptop came with windows vista home built into it. i deleted all partitions and installed clean version of XP professional.

Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated.

Okay, so I did a bit of research and it appears that the Latitude D531 has the same video and sound hardware as your laptop and it's drivers will do the trick. Here's a link:
Drivers & Downloads

Supposedly, you can just download and install the audio and video drivers for this machine and they'll run just fine. Try it out and let us know how this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom